The Apprentices

The Apprentices
The Apprentices. Lewis Manning, Greg Beaver, Paul Edwards, Alex Cannon, Me and Amy Kirby.

Tuesday 14 July 2015

More Good News!

During my absence from blog writing, I began looking at internal vacancies within Rathbones to secure a permanent job.

There were a number of vacancies that were circulated internally which, after some research into them, I didn't feel matched what I was looking for. I didn't want to apply for a position just to be made permanent. I was willing to wait until I felt a good opportunity came up. I wanted to work in a team that has a wide range of responsibilities to prevent the work from becoming repetitive. Luckily, an email about a vacant role on the Provider Business Support team was circulated to everyone in the office.  After speaking to various employees throughout the company about the role, including the manager, I decided to go for it. 

I was offered an interview for a Friday morning. I had studied the job description and thought of as many questions as I could think of that related to the role. This allowed me to prepare several examples for each aspect of the job. I was also lucky that the experienced I had gained throughout the apprenticeship meant I had a decent understanding of some of the tasks performed by the department. 

I felt the interview went as well as it could have gone. There were no questions I couldn't provide an answer for. The interview was also only supposed to last an hour and we exceeded that by half an hour - which I thought was a good sign! I was expecting to find out whether I was successful by the following Monday but received a phone call the same day and found out the good news then - result! 


This team is exactly what I was looking for, in terms of a wide range of responsibilities. Provider Business Support are the contact point for Self Invested Personal Pensions and Offshore Bond providers. Running and distributing various reports, ensure any ad hoc requests are met and maintaining a good relationship between the advisors are all amongst our responsibilities. I have since settled in perfectly and the team are great. I am really enjoying this position. 

No comments:

Post a Comment